Soaking raw nuts and seeds stimulates the process of germination, which increases the vitamin C, B, and carotenes (pre-vitamin A) content. It is also easier for the body to digest nuts (love that) in this form. You can either buy them, as seen in the pic above, or do it yourself – see times for the various nuts below.
- Almonds, germination time 8 – 12 hours
- Cashews, whole, germination time 2 – 2 1/2 hours
- Sesame seeds, germination time 8 hours
- Sunflower seeds, germination time 2 hours
- Walnuts, germination time 4 hours