Ok if I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be avocados! There is nothing better than the perfect one with some sea salt and lemon drizzle. That’s it, all you need. Today I spread a half over a piece of sprouted toast – you can find it in the freezer section at Whole Foods. Anyways back to my favorite fruit (haha)… did you know it contains omega-3? Yup, and you should be getting this essential fatty acid into your body every single day.
Why omega-3? Ok here is the deal…
- It reduces inflammation in the body. And this is important because an inflamed body is more prone to diseases of all sorts!
- ”There are several types of omega-3 fatty acids. Two crucial ones — EPA and DHA — are primarily found in certain fish. Plants like flax contain ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid that is partially converted into DHA and EPA in the body. Algae oil often provides only DHA.”
- Hello healthy heart… eating omega-3 can lower your risk for heart disease. We like.
- If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, you gotta make… actually you have to eat omega-3. It has shown to lower depression. So smile.
- Want healthy kids? ”Studies show that EPA and DHA supplementation during pregnancy boost the health of pregnant women and the development of their children. DHA appears to be important for visual and neurological development in infants.”
- Breathe in and out…. phew! ”Evidence suggests that a diet high in omega 3s reduces inflammation, a key component in asthma.”
(Source for above quotes: WebMD.com)