It’s really important to have a good ”flow” and go the bathroom every morning – since your body spends the nights cleaning out your system, you should be ready to release when you wake up. If you are not even going once a day, you need to take a look at what your eating – do you get enough fiber in your diet? Do you take probiotics on a regular basis? etc.
In order for your body to function properly, it’s important to help it out with colonics. This will help push out toxins and get rid of old mucus stuck in there – oh trust me, we all have that….
Elimination is the most important element in creating health. The colon, also known as the large intestine, is the collection site for most of the unwanted materials that the body would like to eliminate. This includes food residues, metabolic wastes and foreign toxins like food additives, drug residues and industrial pollutants. Unsuccessful or incomplete elimination of this material prevents our bodies from reaching peak levels of health and energy.
What Will Colonics Do For The Colon?
- Cleanse the Colon: Breaks down toxic excrement so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Toxins built up over a long period are gently removed in a series of treatments. Your colon can begin to co-operate again as it was intended. In this sense, a colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
- Exercise the Colon Muscles:The build-up of toxins weakens the colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the colon improves peristalsis (muscular contraction) by which the colon naturally moves material. Having Colonics is like taking your colon to the gym.
- Reshape the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the colon, they tend to alter its shape because the colon is a muscle and it will enlarge to the build up of toxins not being released. That in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with massage techniques of the colon therapist, help to eliminate bulging pockets of poop and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the colon to resume its natural state.
- Stimulated Reflex Points in the Colon: The colon is connected to every system and organ in the body by reflex points. The colonic stimulates these points thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way. Thus creating overall well-being and health in the body.
- Hydration of the Whole Body: Water is absorbed into the body through the colon which increases the volume of blood. The circulation of the blood is increased, resulting in a greater bathing of the cells. This dilutes the toxins and flushes them out; relieving toxemia and uremia; and increasing elimination both through the kidneys, and the skin as well as the bowels. All this generally assists the cardiovascular and circulatory systems to be more efficient.
Try my favorite spot: Gravity East Village
(Reasons from http://www.fountainofhealth.com/colonicbenefits.php)