Here is a yummy recipe from Natural Ginger… Try it for dinner tonight! If you don’t like the marinara sauce, another option is simply pesto with chopped tomatoes on top.
Ingredients: 2 large Zucchini (spiralized), 1 red pepper, ½ bunch fresh Basil, 2 Tbsp Red Onion, minced, 1 Lime, juiced, & Sea salt & pepper to taste
Marinara Sauce Option: 1 red pepper, 3 garlic cloves, pressed, 3 small Vine Tomatoes, 10-15 fresh Basil leaves, 1 tsp Oregano, dried, 4-5 Sundried Tomatoes (without sulfites!), Dash of Cayenne (optional – for a little spice), & Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Grate or julienne the zucchini (lengthwise for pasta resemblance); or use a spiralizer.
- Mince the onion and chop the red pepper. Carefully slice the basil leaves and mix with the onion and red pepper. Add the salt, pepper, and lime juice and mix again.
- Place the above mixture on top of the zucchini pasta.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth (or to desired consistency).
- Pour the sauce over top of your pasta mixture and top with a basil garnish. Voila! Fresh raw pasta! This will serve 2-3 people. Refrigerate pasta and sauce separately in the fridge to retain freshness