Ok here is the deal…. YES it matters what you eat… Your skin is a reflection on that’s happening inside. So how do you get glowing cheeks and a clear forehead. I turned to the experts at Glamour Magazine for some instead, and I totally agree with them. Follow these suggestions for healthy looking skin. For even more info, grab the November issue out on stand now.
- White and processed carbs are digested quickly, which causes spikes in insulin (a hormone that increases levels of acne-causing androgens like testosterone) and a chemical called IGF-1. Both lead to clogged pores and oil secretion. So avoid…
- Cut diary! Why? Many diary cows in the USA are pregnant. Sounds random, but stay with us: as a result, their milk is full of growth hormones, which some experts believe may boost acne-causing testosterone levels.
- Pass on meats, but eat fish… The latter contains omega-3 fats, which helps stop inflammation (an acne and redness trigger). Meats on the other hand, can be high on omega-6 fats, which trigger inflammation and oil production.
- Brightly colored fruits and vegetables like carrots and broccoli are healthiest because they are full of antioxidants.
8 Tips for perfect skin:
1. Steer clear of white foods like white bread, cookies, cakes and crackers.
2. Eat more fiber rich carbs like brown rice, whole grain pasta, sweet potatoes, and lentils.
3. Cut down on diary… Replace with almond milk!
4. Avoid processed meats like hot dogs. Instead buy organic, grass feed meat.
5. Fill your plate with colorful antioxidant rich veggies.
6. Eat wild-caught oily fish.
7. Cook with olive oil instead of corn or vegetable oil, which typically have more omega-6.
8. Cut down on alcohol proven to exacerbate adult acne, eczema and rosacea.